For more than one hundred years our history forms the future of our Engineering Office.
1910 it began with the reinforced concrete pioneer Hermann Deimling. He made a name of himself with the pillar foundation of the Hamburg Central Station.
1928 Hermann Deimling moved into the ‘Hamburg Kontorhaus‘ at Glockengießerwall 1.
1946 Fritz Kramer and Heinrich Gütersloh joined the Engineering Office. Fritz Kramer layed the foundation for inspectional missions.
Since 1994 Dipl.-Ing. Friedhelm Albrecht is a CEO at KramerAlbrecht.
2007 Change of name to Prof. Dr.-Ing. Helmut Kramer Dipl.-Ing. Friedhelm Albrecht Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Helmut Kramer retires on account of his Age.
2009 KramerAlbrecht opens a subsidiary office in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
2010 KramerAlbrecht Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG celebrates 100th anniversary.
Since 2014 Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaus-Peter Mahutka is a CEO at KramerAlbrecht
Trust obliges – decade-long customer loyalty
The contact to several of our largest industrial clients, that we work for nowadays, were set decades ago. Thusly Hermann Deimling cooperated with the ‘ADM Hamburg’, as it was still called the ‘Oelmühle’/’Hansamühle’. Fritz Kramer started cooperating with the ‘Esso-refinery’ and Heinrich Gütersloh initiated working with ‘Phoenix’.
Dipl.-Ing. Hermann Deimling (1872-1960) is counted as one of the reinforced steel pioneers in Germany. When he founded the engineering office in 1910, the building method with a compound material made out of concrete and steel was not widely spread.
As a staff member of Eduard Züblin, Deimling was one of the first engineers ever to use this new method in Northern Germany. One of the groundbreaking projects Deimling was working on, was the foundation of the Hamburg Central Station on 800 precast ram piles in 1902. As the new Rathausapotheke (town hall pharmacy) was constructed, the very first reinforced concrete floor in Hamburg was built. The workers were so skeptic about that new method that they refused to remove the falsework of the shuttering. Eventually Hermann Deimling removed it himself.
A short time after the method of reinforced concrete became one of the standards in German construction engineering.